CAMPUS VITAL NEWS - TECHNICAL REPORT FORMAT SIWES(how can i write my report on my I.T for 6 months. If you're having such problems. Just visit my blog today and get the guidelines on how you can write your report thank you.

TECHNICAL REPORT FORMAT
SIWES

Nigerian students studying science based
courses in their 300 & 400 level
depending on their course of study are
supposed to embark on industrial
training for a period of 3 months to one
(1) year and this carries about 3-6 units
in their second semester credit load.
After the industrial training (I.T) period
each student is supposed to write a
technical report of his or her I.T
experience this bears 25% of the total
siwes marks.

ALLOTMENT OF MARKS AS APPROVED
BY ITF
Log book Record/ Presentation: 25 marks
Technical Report: 25 marks
Attitudinal Observation: 10 marks
Employers Report: 25 marks
Oral interview by department (I.T
defence): 15 marks. This makes technical
report a major issue in gaining good
grades from siwes. In writing a technical
report the following format should be
used
COVER PAGE : This should contain the
students name, department,
matriculation Number, period of
attachment (dates should be quoted),
your employers name and location.
DEDICATION PAGE for example . I
dedicate this report to the almighty God.
ACkNOWLEDGEMENT eg I will like to
acknowledge my parents for their
immense support, my lecturers and all
who have contributed to this point in the
success of my accademic pursuit.
TABLE OF CONTENTS this should contain
the afore mentioned and four chapters.
CHAPTER 1 : This should contain the
introduction, brief history of the firm
where training was carried out and
organisational chart.
CHAPTER 2 : This should contain
activities during training period. This
should be lucidly done.
CHAPTER 3 : Problems encountered
during the training period.
CHAPTER 4 : Conclusion and general
appraisal of the programme. It should be
noted that a technical report should not
be more than fourteen(14) pages.
Diagrams, graphs and sketches should be
used where neccesary.
Note:-
It is adviceable to use font size 14, New
times roman and 2.0 line spacing.
You should obey all rules played down by
your school.

Comments